Aside of the fact that people need sustenance even while grieving, the spirits that would be attracted to it are protective and nurturing angels. When emotions are intense sadness and loss, the potential for some inappropriate energy to wiggle in is high. The food is one aspect of the environment that is important to manage in a way that promotes harmony and healing.
So this slices of beef floating in a sauce of onions and mushrooms is not just an easily digestible meat dish. The cow/bull or some type of bovine is a known offering animal from ancient times, and onions and garlic are healing. They may prevent that dip in the immune system that often happens to people during extreme stress and sadness. Mushrooms are rich in B vitamins and would definitely help to mitigate the effects of stress. This dish has seen a surge of popularity recently for reasons we won’t get into. It’s one of the few relatively heavy meat dishes considered a comfort food here.
So definitely try this the next time you need to feed the grieving or stressed, or do angel work. This recipe is for 2kg. of meat because that’s about the size of a normal full brisket. I recommend brisket, sirloin, or a cut that is too tough for steak but good for slow cooking.
- slow cooker, This is an electric pot that cooks at relatively low temperatures.
- Frying Pan
- 2 kilogram beef (brisket or shoulder or another cut that is not good for steak usually but good for slow cooking)
- 5 onions (medium to large, or a cup of dried fried onions)
- 2 cup mushrooms (sliced or chopped, canned, dried, or fresh)
- 4 beef stock cubes (or 4 heaping teaspoons of bouillion powder, subtract one if using kosher or halal beef)
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika (smoked Moroccan is best)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (coarse grind)
- olive oil (for the searing)
- salt (for the searing)
For: 10 pieces | Preparation: 25 min | Cooking: 8 h | Ready in: 8 h 25 min
- First, prep your onions by halving and then slicing them about a half cm thick along the grain. Then roughly chop your garlic, and slice your mushrooms if they aren’t sliced already. If using dried mushrooms, soak and prepare them so they are ready to add when needed.
- Slice the beef across the grain into very thick slices, at least 1.5 cm thick, but recommended 2 to 2.5 cm. Sprinkle a very light bit of salt and some olive oil on both sides of the slices.
- Add a little more olive oil to the pan to prevent drying, and sear the slices a few at a time. Once seared, add them to the slow cooker. It is best to lay them as flat as possible. If you will have more than one layer, add a small handful of onions between the layers. Just use a few to make some space. You will need most of your onions for the next step.
- Once all your meat is seared, fry the onions in the leftover juices and oil until they are very hot and starting to be clear. Try to use them to scrape up the good caramelized stuff the slices of beef left.
- Pour the onions into the slow cooker on top of the beef. Then add the rest of the ingredients.
- Add enough water to cover plus a centimeter. Cook on HIGH for 5 hours, and then turn it down to low for the next three hours.
- You can keep it on low until it is time to serve, but turn it off at around 12 hours.
If serving this as an offering, it is a good idea to read a Psalm or Kemetic prayer of gratitude, especially to Apis. Serve it to the deities hot, especially if you are calling angels. The odor of cooking beef fat is especially pleasing to them.
This site is protected by aggressive psychospiritual forces. Please be courteous and give proper attribution, credit, and royalties where appropriate if you republish any of this content. Failure to do so may result in very dire consequences. If you are suffering any of said consequences because you or someone you are associated with has stolen from me, please write me to apologize and receive instructions for cleansing. Ashe!