There are times when one has a lot of Oshun work to do. In order to make sure everybody’s concerns are given due attention, I may have to combine ceremony, but I do not skimp on offerings. So when part of the offering is a cocktail, I make a lot at once.
I have three large vases shaped like cocktail glasses that I use for this purpose. When the time comes, I make a couple of pitchers, pour, and decorate as I do the working.
Because one has to taste anything before we offer it to Oshun, it ends up being a lot of fun. The fun continues after since once the ceremony is over, and the spirits have taken what energy they want from it, the leftovers can be shared among those attending. The recipe is for two doses/offerings. Multiply it as needed.
- 5 shots of rum
- 5 cup shots of orange liquer
- .25 liter honey
- 1 lemon juice (the juice of 1 lemon)
- 1 liter coconut milk
- .5 liter pineapple juice
- 1 packet coconut cream mix
- .5 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 liter crushed ice
For: 5 glasses | Ready in: 10 min
- Add all the ingredients except ice to a blender, and blend until bubbly.
- Add the ice and blend until smooth.
- Decorate with slices of orange and lemon, and edible yellow flowers such as marigolds or others. Some flakes of edible gold leaf are nice if possible. Make it fancy.
Serve cold. You may need straws or spoons.
This site is protected by aggressive psychospiritual forces. Please be courteous and give proper attribution, credit, and royalties where appropriate if you republish any of this content. Failure to do so may result in very dire consequences. If you are suffering any of said consequences because you or someone you are associated with has stolen from me, please write me to apologize and receive instructions for cleansing. Ashe!